Quality Support Specialist
GFHS | Hickory, NC | Full Time
RN - Quality Support Specialist
Summary of Position
The Quality Support Specialist will provide clinical, informatics, and administrative support to the Director of Quality and Clinical Informatics. S/he will support quality improvement and regulatory efforts for the organization. S/he will be proficient in the use of the electronic health record and be able to gather and synthesize information about internal population management efforts to give appropriate feedback to clinical staff and stakeholders. This person will engage in staff education to promote adherence to clinical best practices. Under the supervision of the Director of Quality and clinical informatics, this role will manage submission and reporting efforts for regulatory programs as well as support committee meetings through the preparation of presentations and other supporting documents.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of healthcare related regulatory programs
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with individuals at various organizational/ educational levels.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated task within assigned timeframes
- Ability to work well under pressure and with time constraints
- Ability to work successfully with indirect supervision and autonomy
- Ability to work some evening hours to support committee meetings
- Able to travel to other GFHS sites (Current and unrestricted NCDL)
Experience Required: 5 year related work experience preferred
Professional Licensure: RN required
Key Responsibilities (Core Requirements)
- Manage Regulatory Programs and Reporting efforts for the Organization.
- Manage internal quality improvement activities.
- Engage in staff education to promote adherence to clinical best practices and quality improvement.
- Analyze information in EMR to support documentation and reporting for regulatory programs and quality improvement initiatives.
- Generate periodic reports from EMR software to support organizational clinical and quality reporting obligations.
- Remain abreast or regulatory program initiatives and changes.
- Participate in internal QI initiatives by providing sites with needed support in Lean Six Sigma processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
GFHS is a is a community sponsored, family-centered provider of health care, health education and preventive care services without regard to the ability to pay. We screen potential employees to first ensure alignment with our core requirements followed by the requisite position skills set. In doing so we need staff committed to this mission who do their best to live and work the characteristics of our core values as we strive to care for ever increasing members of the communities we serve.