Davidson Health Services-Lexington | Lexington, NC | Full Time
Summary of Position
Provides professional medical services to complement the delivery of primary health care services at Gaston Family Health Services; provides clinical leadership and supervision of midlevel providers and indirect supervision of medical support staff. Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer.
- Previous medical office or FQHC experience preferred.
- CPR, and all applicable certifications required (must be obtained within 30 days of employment).
- Knowledgeable in population health management in the underserved and/or vulnerable populations
- Understands ethics of confidentiality.
- Previous computer experience or training required.
- Successful candidate must submit to TB testing and any vaccinations recommended by OSHA Guidelines.
- Sets an example as a medical professional by observing work start and stop times, giving adequate notice for absences, and following clinic’s operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Able to communicate and relate well with patients, providers and clinical staff.
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements.
- Observes standards of medical care.
- Efficient, organized and accurate.
- Ability to stand for extended
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time
- Frequent walking for short distances
- Repetitive motion work with keyboards and some limited physical activity
Education: Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy degree required. Current State of North Carolina MD or DO licensure required. Current DEA certificate required. Board Certification in Specialty preferred. Experience in public health preferred.