Patient Educator / Medical Assistant
Community Health Partners (CHP) | Lexington, NC | Part Time
Our ideal candidate will...
This is a Part-Time position.
Community Health Partners (CHP) is an NCQA accredited care management agency which is affiliated with Community Care of North Carolina as one of the 14 regional networks in the state providing comprehensive care management, pharmacy management, and disease management for adults and children who receive Medicaid. CHP contracts with 60 primary care practices in Gaston and Lincoln Counties and works closely with these practices to provide a medical home for high-risk patients.
The Patient Educator will contact Medicare patients, make appointments, perform annual well visits, and provide focused chronic care management to help with the overall program efforts to support an Accountable Care Organization fulfilling the performance and quality requirements for reimbursement and shared Medicare savings. The Patient Educator will have a work schedule for clinics/practices in Lexington and Thomasville. The Patient Educator helps manage the Medicare patients, communicating and documenting services and interventions.
- CMA required
- BA or BS Degree in a health or human services field from an accredited college or university or four years of work experience in human services preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn health matters and be educated on the basics of chronic diseases management
- Ability to follow a variety of operational details and program requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team to enhance and achieve patient health goals
- Strong communication skills and demonstrates good judgement
- Familiar with practice operations and work flows
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Competence is establishing rapport with patients and providers
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player
- Basic skills in use of computer software for patient management, Microsoft Office- Word, Excel