Community Health Partners (CHP) | 200 East Second Ave, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Patient Educator Opening
Community Health Partners (CHP) is an NCQA accredited care management agency which is affiliated with Community Care of North Carolina as one of the 14 regional networks in the state providing comprehensive care management, pharmacy management, and disease management for adults and children who receive Medicaid. CHP contracts with 60 primary care practices in Gaston and Lincoln Counties and works closely with these practices to provide a medical home for high-risk patients.
The Patient Educator will contact Medicare patients, make appointments, perform annual well visits, and provide focused chronic care management to help with the overall program efforts to support an Accountable Care Organization fulfilling the performance and quality requirements for reimbursement and shared Medicare savings. The Patient Educator works within the clinic/practice setting or remotely to help manage the practice’s Medicare patients, communicating and documenting services and interventions.
The Patient Educator is focused on improving patient care, better utilization of services and reduced medical costs.
- BA or BS Degree in a health or human services field from an accredited college or university or two years of work experience in human services; or is certified/registered as a medical assistant.
- Demonstrated ability to learn health matters and be educated on the basics of chronic disease management.
- Experience in telephonic contacts with patients
- Ability to follow a variety of operational details and program requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team to enhance the achieve patient health goals
- Strong communication skills and demonstrates good judgement
- Experience with electronic information systems and patient or health related assessments and documentation systems.