Community Health Partners (CHP) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Community Health Partners (CHP) is an NCQA accredited care management agency which is affiliated with Community Care of North Carolina as one of the 14 regional networks in the state providing comprehensive care management, pharmacy management, and disease management for adults and children who receive Medicaid. CHP contracts with 60 primary care practices in Gaston and Lincoln Counties and works closely with these practices to provide a medical home for high-risk patients.
The Patient Educator will contact patients, make appointments, and provide a range of duties to help the nurse care managers with the overall program efforts. The Patient Educator is focused on improving patient care, better utilization of services and reduced medical costs
- BA or BS Degree in a health or human services field from an accredited college or university or two years of work experience in human services
- Demonstrated ability to learn health matters and be educated on the basics of chronic disease management
- Ability to follow a variety of operational details and program requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team to enhance the achieve patient health goals
- Strong communication skills and demonstrates good judgement
- Experience with electronic information systems and patient or health related assessments and documentation systems.