Part-Time - Health Information Management Clerk
GFHS | Gastonia, NC | Part Time
Health Information Management Clerk
Our ideal candidate will...
- Be responsible for timely and accurate administrative support functions including medical records management, scanning, PHI request and messaging to both clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Explain policy and procedures to external organization, patients, and staff.
- Perform a variety of complex and routine administrative duties which include, but not limited to, data entry, accounting for medical information discolsures, filing, coping and distbuting information.
- Utilize EMR System to: update patient records, scan documents into patient charts in a timely manner, query patient information, extract medical records for PHI request, patient message provider/staff.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required
- Experience Required: One year of clerical experience in a medical office setting required. Previous experience working in Medical Records with basic to advanced working knowledge of Privacy laws, HIPAA laws, and Release of Information laws.
- In-Depth knowledge of the laws and regulations related to the authorization and disclosure of health information and ability to apply said laws and regulations related to the disclosure of health information (e.g., Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
- Additional skills preferred: Proficient in use of all computer software utilized in practice, coding experience a plus.