Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
GFHS | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Our ideal candidate will...
Assist in the delivery of health care and patient care management.
Deliver of a broad range of primary care medical services, including taking medical histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering diagnostic tests, administering treatments (e.g., suturing and minor surgery), monitoring patients, prescribing medications, assisting physicians, and counseling and educating patients The PA/NP must have the ability to learn, teach and research; ability to solve problems and think analytically; must possess skills necessary to treat patients and ability to get along with others in a team environment.
Performs health histories, physical exams and patient teaching. Orders, interprets and follows up on lab tests and results. Performs selected procedures and documents care orally and in writing. Initiates emergency measures as indicated. Recognizes abnormalities that justify immediate referral for intervention by others.
Initiates, evaluates, reviews and changes orders for medications and diagnostic studies/treatments within attending physician approved protocols.
Assesses, initiates and coordinates patient care on a daily basis under the supervision of the attending physician.
Requests consultations from other services as needed in collaboration with attending physician and/or established protocols.
Acts as liaison with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals providing education, communication and support for healthcare staff, patients and families. Directs patient management in conjunction with physician staff.
- Current unrestricted certification and NC licensure, DEA license
- 2 / 3 years’ experience in chronic disease management, primary care including acute care.
- Previous medical office or FQHC experience preferred.
- CPR, and all applicable certifications required (must be obtained within 30 days of employment).
- Ability to use the EMR
- Maintains current and unrestricted licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements.
- Education: Graduation from an NP/PA accredited program. Current State of North Carolina PA or NP licensure/certification required. Current DEA certificate required. Board Certification if applicable.