Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Education: Master's Degree as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) from accredited program.
Experience: 3-5 years medical experience with 1 years’ experience as Nurse Practitioner; and one year of experience with a frail or elderly population
Number and Type of Employees Supervised: None
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: NP licensed in NC and Board Certification (ANCC)
Special Training: Ability to learn, teach and research; ability to solve problems and think analytically; must possess skills necessary to treat geriatric patients, ability to get along with others in a team environment. Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to treat patients; other training as required by department. Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of PACE specific organization competencies for the specific position description established by Senior TLC prior to working independently. Must be cleared for all communicable diseases and proof that all immunizations are up to date prior to direct participant contact. Embraces and supports team based PACE Model. Works under direct supervision of the Medical Director and/or Primary Care Physician as described in the NP-MD Collaborative Practice Agreement.
Age of Patients Rendered Care: Geriatric
- Performs health histories, physical exams and patient teaching. Orders, interprets and follows up on lab tests and results. Performs selected procedures and documents care orally and in writing. Initiates emergency measures as indicated. Recognizes abnormalities that justify immediate referral for intervention by others.
- Initiates, evaluates, reviews and changes orders for selected medications and diagnostic studies/treatments within attending physician approved protocols.
- Assesses, initiates and coordinates direct patient care on a daily basis under the supervision of the Medical Director and/or Primary Care Physician.
- Requests consultations from other services as needed in collaboration with attending physician and/or established protocols.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals providing education, communication and support for healthcare staff, patients and families. Facilitates participant primary care management in conjunction with physician staff and reflective of the PACE Model.
- Performs assessments as required by PACE regulations for care plans for PACE participants.
- Participates, collaborates and contributes as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Attends Family Meetings and Team meetings as needed.
- Emphasizes teamwork and collaboration in all clinic and Interdisciplinary Team interactions.
- Participates in Primary Care on call rotation.