GFHS | 200 East Second Ave, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Position Description: The Network Administrator is responsible for the maintaining of computer hardware and software systems that make up the GFHS computer network including the maintenance and monitoring of active data network and related equipment.
Network Administrators focus upon network components within a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure ensuring integrity.
The role of the Network Administrator will commonly include activities and tasks such as network address assignment, management and implementation of routing protocols such as ISIS, OSPF, BGP routing table configurations and certain implementations of authentication (e.g.: challenge response, etc.) It can also include maintenance of certain network servers; file servers, VPN, gateways, intrusion detection systems, etc.
The Network Administrator will also be technically involved in the maintenance and administration of servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewall, telephones, IP phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches as well as a vast array of additional technologies inclusive of both hardware and software.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:1 plus years of experience with the required tools.
Required Skills: Excellent written and oral communications skills. Proficient computer skills in MS Work, Excel, basic keyboard use and email communication. Problem analysis and problem solution at both a strategic and functional level. Strong leadership skills and experience with a demonstrated ability to get results.
Key Responsibilities (10 Core Responsibilities)
- Provide PC, server network, printer and application technical support.
- Perform all PC installs, moves, adds and changes.
- Perform all desktop application installations.
- Perform application configuration and maintenance tasks.
- Perform server administration tasks for Windows users.
- Perform basic network administration tasks.
- Manage all PC and data backup.
- Make recommendations for future technology standards.
- Create and maintain documentation for all information technology processes and procedures.
- Participate in evaluation of IS Analyst and support staff mentored by the Sr. IS Analyst role.
Work Environment and Physical Demand Related to the Position:
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to pick up and move equipment weighing no more than 50 lbs. without assistance
- Manual and physical dexterity
- Ability to read and understand the English language
- Ability to effectively maintain confidentiality of records and communicate with all levels of personnel
- Valid NC driver’s license.