Medical Assistant (MA) / Patient Service Representative (PSR)
GFHS Mineral Springs School Health Center | Winston-Salem, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Medical Assistant (MA) / Patient Service Representative (PSR) - Swing
Pediatric experience preferred.
This position will be in a school - based health clinic and will work the school year calendar of the Winston-Salem School District, basically 10 months a year.
Summary of Position
- The PSR/MA swing position is comprised of front office and clinical duties.
- This position fully embodies delegated responsibilities belonging to the PSR and Medical Assistant.
- Demand will determine the day to day needs of the position.
- The employee operating in this position has completed the minimum education requirements and is able to fully function in either role as PSR or Medical Assistant. .
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language
- Communicate effectively. Interacts in a friendly, professional manner with a wide range of patients, operations staff, physicians and other departments in a friendly, professional manner.
- Knowledge of medical office protocols/procedures
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated task with attention to detail
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding medical office and patient care procedures
- Familiarity with basic computer operations, MS Word- Excel and use of e-mail communication
- Ability to work successfully with indirect supervision and autonomy
- Desired: Bilingual
Education: High School diploma or GED; desired: Certificate, diploma or degree in the discipline
Experience Required: 1 year of related work preferred or consistent OJT for ≥5 years in a medical office setting required performing Medical Assistant duties. Other related experience may be considered in lieu of medical office experience.
Professional Licensure: N/A
Certification(s): BLS, Certification preferred