LPN Pediatric Triage
GFHS Pediatrics | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
LPN Pediatric Telephone Triage/Clinical Floor Support
Our ideal candidate will...
- Be responsible for assisting the patients over the phone, supporting a provider on the clinical floor, answering health questions and determining what kind of care is need.
- Maintain an active triage appointment schedule for assisting the PCP in the monitoring of patients’ healthcare needs and prioritizing care according to need and appointment availability.
- Appropriately triage patients to other areas of care such as urgent care or the emergency room department when the condition warrants such action.
- Be responsible for accurate documentation and maintaining an active daily log, which is visible to all GFHS locations to assist with the tracking of patients requiring to be triaged.
- Minimum three years of nursing
- Current NC LPN license; CPR
- Excellent knowledge of practical nursing theory and standard practices
- Knowledge of medical office software for the following: updating patient demographic information and scheduling appointments, documenting patient complaints in the EHR, review of systems and assessment and plan with accuracy. Requires excellent verbal communication skills.