LCSW - Psychiatric Care
GFHS | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
- Have a working knowledge of common mental health, behavioral health, substance use, and chronic disease management concerns (e.g., uncontrolled diabetes, chronic pain, hypertension, etc.) often seen in primary care settings.
- Have a working knowledge of psychopharmacology and experience working with patients diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Have a working knowledge of substance use treatment, particularly Medication Assisted Treatment.
- Have a working knowledge and comfort using a variety of evidence based brief intervention and assessment modalities for common mental health, behavioral health, substance use, and chronic disease management concerns.
- Work collaboratively as a key member of a diverse multidisciplinary medical care team and have a comfort for team-dependent work.
- Serve as the clinical liaison regarding mental health, behavioral health, substance use, and chronic disease management services for patients and medical staff in a primary care clinic.
- Maintain a curiosity, interest in learning, and ongoing drive for continued personal and clinical growth.
- Embrace Gaston Family Health Services’ mission and core values: Patient First; Build not Blame; Integrity and Honesty; Cooperation and Flexibility; Culturally Sensitive
Education: Master’s Degree
Experience Required: Minimum two years’ experience in a public health setting preferred; experience in psychiatric care with collaboration with a prescriber preferred
Professional Licensure: Licensed Clinical Social Worker Certification in good standing with the Social Work Certification and Licensure Board of North Carolina required