Home Care Coordinator
Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, responsible for the development and implementation of homecare services for program participants, including the coordination of all Durable Medical Equipment and nursing home care. Reports to Program Director. All employees are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Senior Total Life Care values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity and teamwork.
Education: Minimum of Associates Degree in Nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred but not required.
Experience: At least 1 year in either clinic, home or community health. Supervisory experience desired. Minimum of 1 year experience working with the frail elderly population.
Number and Type of Employees Supervised (optional): 1-5
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Prefer a degree in nursing. Must possess a current, valid NC driver's license and vehicle.
Special Training: Must be able to work effectively in a team environment. Must be able to treat geriatric patients. Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of competencies established by Senior Total Life Care and approved by CMS before working independently.
Key Responsibilities: (*denotes an age related skill or task)
- ·Assesses, using the nursing process, the home care needs of a frail elderly population, and identifies and develops specific plans of care. Initial and periodic assessments to be conducted minimally every 6 months and must be completed prior to the scheduled team meeting. Communicates participant changes with team members.
- ·Coordination of 24 hour care delivery and the implementation of all home care services which include nursing, PT, OT, ST and personal care services to ensure that quality services are provided to meet participant needs. Monitors service delivery in the home to assure compliance with the participant plan of care.
- ·Coordinates and authorizes all Durable Medical Equipment.
- ·Participates, collaborates and contributes as a member of the Interdisciplinary team.
- ·Emphasizes teamwork and collaboration in all clinic and Interdisciplinary team interactions
- ·Supports his/her Interdisciplinary Team and promotes unity among the team while interacting with the team, other co-workers, and/or participants.
- ·Supports the Senior TLC mission by enhancing mobility, independence, quality of life, and quality of end of life for the participants.
- ·Participates in participant care planning including the implementation of SMART goals/interventions for the participants’ care plans and enters all care plan information in a timely manner as per organizational protocols.
- ·Updates participants’ care plans appropriately throughout the reassessment period.
- ·Performs acute, in home visits as requested by primary care provider and/or supervisor.
- ·Communicates any changes in participant condition to team members.
- ·Manages home supplies such as incontinence, diabetic, colostomy, nutritional, and other supplies. Also manages services such as Life Alerts and electronic medication reminder systems.
- ·Works with Social Worker to provide community resources for participant needs.