Durable Medical Equipment Coordinator
Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal Candidate....
Education: High School Degree or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience working with the frail elderly population. Prior experience in equipment maintenance required. Prior experience with DME equipment preferred. Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
Number and Type of Employees Supervised (optional): None
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Valid NC Driver's License with good driving record.
Special Training: Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Senior Total Life Care and approved by CMS before working independently.Age of Patients Rendered Care: Adult/Geriatric
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Maintain DME equipment; clean, store, retrieve, and deliver to center or participant’s home as needed.
- Maintain DME equipment in the center.
- Establish a DME equipment maintenance program for routine check of equipment in participants home.
- Order DME equipment from STLC suppliers to include hospital beds, mattresses, walkers, wheelchairs, Life Alerts
- Provide basic maintenance in participant’s home (i.e. grab bars, shower needs, hanging pictures, changing light bulbs or other duties as assigned).
- Inventory and order supplies as for participants (i.e. incontinent supplies, absorbent bed/chair pads, pull-ups, Simply Thick, etc.).
- Provide back up support to the Dietary Department by collaborating on US Foods Orders, hospital food orders, errands. Serve as back up contact to Dietician for hospital food orders.
- Serve on Safety Committee - perform monthly safety inspections in the center and document in collaboration with the Center Manager.
- Utilize company resources appropriately.
- Run errands (pick up supplies, etc.).