Continuum of Care (CoC) Coordinator
GFHS | 200 East Second Ave, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Engaged primarily in activities associated with a special initiative. Strengthening the region wide membership and CoC committees by involving organizations that serve homeless individuals. Support the CoC Chairperson and committee chairs as needed for planning, implementation and program evaluation in order to successfully submit the NC-509 CoC Collaborative Application for HUD and ESG funding.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of an Associate Degree desired.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with a not-for-profit organization.
- Familiar with federal, state and local municipality regulations in housing.
- Database management skills
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing HealthNet Gaston and the CoC including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems.
Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and UWGC objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Prepare and submit applications for HUD and ESG on behalf of the entire CoC
- Assist with the annual NOFA and ESG HUD CoC program grant application process
- Facilitate agency-to-agency collaborations for improvements and innovations in service delivery to the homeless.
- Attend appropriate meetings and trainings for homeless housing grants
- Plan and facilitate continuing education and training opportunities for service providers and funded agencies around issues that will help strengthen the grant applications.
- Maintain information on resources for service providers on the NC-509 three county websites
- Develop performance management reports and monitoring within the HMIS system
- Provide timely reporting of data of CAPERS, APR, and other HUD reporting requirements from the HMIS system.
- Coordinate the HUD, HDX, HIC, PIT and AHAR reporting requirements for the CoC.
- Collaborate with the Coordinated Entry consultant to ensure HUD guidelines and requirements are met.
- Counsel member agencies in identifying funding opportunities for collaborative projects and programs
- Work with HealthNet Gaston administration on grant budgets and drawdown requirements
- Represent the NC-509 CoC on the NC HMIS Governance Committee that oversees the HMIS Lead Agency for the state. This committee is made up of CoC Coordinators and a designated alternate.
- Work with consultant to continue training, HUD compliance, and improvement in the CoC collaborative and regional applications
- Continued involvement in community groups and organizations with prior approval
- Be knowledgeable on activities conducted by Chair and Committee Chairs on the following:
- Data collection
- Coordinated Entry
- Grant Review
- Point In Time Counts
- Planning and Services
- Record retention – maintain records to support the scope of work for the CoC
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demand Related to the Position:
Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time. Able to read and understand the English language. Able to effectively maintain confidentiality of records and communicate with all levels of personnel. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management staff, and contacts outside the organization. Must be able to work with multiple changing priorities. Requires excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Must be able to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority. Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be able to function as part of a team. Excellent attention to detail.