Community Health Worker
Community Health Partners (CHP) | 200 East Second Ave, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
The Community Health Worker will provide patient outreach, advocacy, clinical assistance and support to patients to help them reach health goals. This position will complete assigned activities/tasks by working patients by phone or face-to face contact to check on chronic conditions, provide health information and education, complete electronic documentation requirements, arrange for health and social services, coordinate with members of the care team, and perform other patient- related functions to improve patient health. The position will be part of a team of nurses and patient educators.
Minimum Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree in a health or social services field with 1-3 years relevant experience in public health, social services or community health; or,
- Registered Nurse (RN) with 1-3 years relevant experience in health care environment; or,
- Licensed in NC as a Practical Nurse (LPN) with 3-5 years of relevant work experience in health care environment
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated skills in working with patients
- Good understanding of health needs and chronic disease management
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with electronic patient records
- Experience in navigating the health care system and working with vulnerable populations
- Ability to follow a wide range of operational details and program requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team to enhance the achieve patient health goals
- Strong communication skills and demonstrates good clinical judgement; knowledge of the cultural and social norms of the community