CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Job Summary: Performs patient care and activities in the Adult Day Health Center. Reports to the Adult Day Health Center Coordinator/Center Manager when in center. Reports to Senior TLC Home Care Agency Supervisor when providing in home services.
Hours: Full Time position, with hours beginning at either 6am or 10am.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1-2 years working as a CNA, with at least 1 years experience working with the frail elderly population. Able to prepare simple meals, perform personal care and housekeeping tasks.
Number and Type of Employees Supervised (optional): None
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Currently listed as CNA (I or II) with NC Nurse Aide Registry and are subject to occupational licensing laws. They must have no substantiated findings of neglect, abuse, or misappropriation of resident’s property in a nursing home. Valid driving license with personal vehicle insurance required. A dependable means of transportation is mandatory. Must meet competency testing requirements consistent with the appropriate occupational licensure laws and regulations.
- ADHC/In Home assists with tasks on a plan of care for Participants in the center and/or in the home that have been taught by the appropriate professional personnel.
- ADHC/In Home-Provides personal care to participants at Senior TLC or In Home: (bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting, transfers, lifting, ambulation and incontinent care according to the participants plan of care
- In ADHC/In Home -Serves meals according to participant’s specific diets.
- In Home-prepare simple meals according to the participants specific diet. Performs incidental household services which are essential to the participants care at home and according to their plan of care. Service include but are not exclusive to meal prep, housekeeping, laundry, grocery & errand in addition to personal care.
- In ADHC/In Home-Assist with activities in large and small group settings.
- ADHC/In Home-Assist on outings/field trips, appointments as needed
- ADHC/In Home-Obtain vital signs and weights per plan of care and as ordered by the physician.
- ADHC-Change oxygen tanks upon the participant’s arrival to the center, document change in log book, and monitor oxygen tank levels throughout the day.
- In Home- able to change out oxygen and replace oxygen tubing as needed.
- ADHC/In Home- Responsible to report any changes in medical or physical status to Triage
- ADHC/In Home-Performs procedures and treatments as appropriate per certification, and per the participants plan of care, under the supervision of the Center nurse or Agency Supervisor
- In Home- assists participant with self administration of medications which are ordered by their provider and according to their plan of care.
- ADHC/In Home-Attends staff meetings, complies with competencies per STLC policies
- ADHC/In Home -Documents services provided and observations on appropriate forms.
- On call rotation for home care for week days and weekends.