Clinical Informatics Support Analyst
GFHS | 200 East Second Ave, NC | Full Time
Clinical Informatics Support Analyst
Summary of Position
Under the direction of the Director of Quality and Informatics, the Clinical Informatics Support Analyst is accountable to see that the goals set for the quality and clinical informatics department are met. Works closely with the clinicians, physicians and information technology staff to ensure integration of quality initiatives and technology into the patient care process. Supports the analysis, evaluation, development, implementation, updating and integrity of quality projects and clinical systems. Coordinates education of all users in clinical software.
The following qualifications are the minimum necessary to adequately perform this job. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements:
Ability to effectively maintain confidentiality of records and communicate with all levels of personnel
Experience: 2+ years in an outpatient provider office setting
Additional skills required:
- Knowledge of Outpatient Clinic Operations
- Experience in the Microsoft Suite
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with changing priorities. Requires excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to function as part of a team.
- Must possess initiative.
- Basic medical terminology required, knowledge can be obtained through formal classes or work experience.
Additional skills preferred: Proficient in use of all computer software utilized in practice, presenting and/or teaching experience a plus
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Experience Required: 2 or more years in an outpatient provider office setting or related experience.
Professional Licensure: Current CMA/RMA or License Practical Nurse certification required
- Supports the abstraction, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of data from the electronic medical record, practice management system, and clinical database
- Works with clinicians from all departments, to identify areas where the electronic medical record can effectively support and enhance their clinical process.
- Monitors clinical software issues and acts as a liaison with all users of the clinical software Maintains current knowledge of clinical practice, organizational policy, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Works with interdisciplinary staff to insure that clinical systems support compliance with regulatory standards.
- Provides support for reporting and data entry for quality initiatives.
- Serves as the primary contact and mentor, along with other members of the clinical informatics team, for the super users and champions across all departments.
- Assists the Information Technology department in the support of clinical users when appropriate.
- Assists clinicians in defining problems, resolves or escalates to appropriate resource in group, clinical informatics director, ITS, or the vendor in a timely manner.
- Works with users to define system requirements for content (data elements) and successful integration into workflow.
- Additionally, works with clinicians to design patient reports, data capture, and clinical customization items.
- Participates in the building of the application and reports utilizing database tools.
- Other related duties as assigned.
GFHS Core Requirements
Patient First – An approach to care that holds primary, the well-being and desires of the patient
Build not Blame – Focusing first on finding fault with the process rather than the person
Integrity and Honesty – Fostering an acceptance of openness, honesty, and fairness in words, deeds and the use of organizational resources judiciously for both internal and external customers
Cooperation and Flexibility – Related to an internal believe that we function as part of an interdependent team with only shared gains or losses thereby committed to assisting whenever possible beyond the prerequisite job description Culturally Sensitive – Always working toward increasing one’s ability to understand, communicate with, effectively interact and care for people across cultures, while having an acute awareness of one’s own culture.
GFHS is a is a community sponsored, family-centered provider of health care, health education and preventive care services without regard to the ability to pay. We screen potential employees to first ensure alignment with our core requirements followed by the requisite position skills set. In doing so we need staff committed to this mission who do their best to live and work the characteristics of our core values as we strive to care for ever increasing members of the communities we serve.
Our goals are:
- To provide continuing comprehensive and accessible primary care services to individuals and families of all economic levels within Gaston County.
- To provide primary care services to meet the physical as well as social health needs of individuals and families, promoting health maintenance, providing timely diagnostics, treatment and referral services.
- To emphasize preventive care through patient and community education to help individuals become aware and responsible for their own health behaviors.
- To employ an interdisciplinary team approach in collaboration with other community providers to provide a continuum of appropriate patient/family-oriented care in a cost-effective manner.