Certified Medical Assistant / Community Health Worker
GFHS | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Service Area: Gaston County
The Certified Medical Assistant/Community Health Worker will meet with Medicare patients in the clinic and home settings. The CMA will also make appointments, and provide focused chronic care management to help with the overall program efforts to support an Accountable Care Organization fulfilling the performance and quality requirements for reimbursement and shared Medicare savings. The CMA Community Health Worker will manage a work schedule communicating and documenting services and interventions.
- CMA required
- BA or BS Degree in a health or human services field from an accredited college or university or four years of work experience in human services preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn health matters and be educated on the basics of chronic diseases management
- Ability to follow a variety of operational details and program requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team to enhance and achieve patient health goals
- Strong communication skills and demonstrates good judgement
- Familiar with practice operations and work flows
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Competence in establishing rapport with patients and providers
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player
- Basic skills in use of computer software for patient management, Microsoft Office- Word, Excel