Bilingual - Chiropractic Assistant (CA)
GFHS | Gaston, Lincoln Counties | Full Time
Chiropractic Assistant (CA) / Patient Service Representative.
This position serves two roles: as Patient Access Representative and as a Chiropractic Assistant (CA). The CA services important functions in the chiropractic care delivery system and is usually the first point where contact is made personally or by telephone
The dual role of the CA is to support the Chiropractic Department with appointment management, patient flow, record keeping, and patient education. This makes the position an integral part of the Chiropractic Department services. The CA duties also support and help to develop the professional relationship between the Chiropractor and other providers and staff in the clinic that directly affects patient satisfaction and long term clinical outcomes.
- Using patient recruitment models, schedule appointments, answer calls and make appointments for the Chiropractor
- Welcome patients as they contact the center personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures.
- Register all patients per CHC registration protocols. Ensure proper documentation and data collection/documentation.
- Ensure that all services provided have been checked out properly for each patient and reconcile the day's activities for appropriate billing.
- Review and verify patient coverage of insurance or other agencies and compute the charges to be paid by the patient.
- Arrange for collection of co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures. Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance if possible, and issue cash receipt when monies are collected.
- Balance cash register in accordance with the cash handling policy when needed.
- Call and remind patient of his/her appointment.
- Follow-up on “no show” patients on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to develop a strong working understanding of the chiropractic profession.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of book keeping and office functions.
- Must maintain a valid North Carolina Driver’s License and proof of insurance at all times, to allow you to be in place at any clinic if needed.
- Must be willing to work at any clinic location, other than the assigned site and be agreeable to work weekends, if so needed.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with clinic patients and staff.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration, regardless of gender or ethnic, religious and economic status.
- An understanding of community-based organizations in order to promote and believe in clinic’s mission and vision statements.
- Education: Minimum: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: One year of medical or chiropractic assistant experience. Formal training from a vocational school in lieu of the preceding.
- Technical Knowledge: Required to learn and use the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components.
- Certification/Registration: Reliable vehicle with required CA driver's license and car insurance coverage or proof of another form of reliable transportation to workplace.
Verbal & Written
- Skills Required: Strong communication skills; both oral and written. Must have a professional & personable demeanor to maintain excellent working relationships in a fast-paced executive administrative environment.
- Equipment Used: Personal Computer, printer/fax, telephone, and other general office equipment.
- Other Skills: Ability to work harmoniously with many different personalities, maintain confidentiality and discretion, and deal effectively and tactfully with staff, patients and the public.
- Required: Fluent in English/Spanish; must speak, read and write
- Effort required: Physical Activities: Prolonged periods of sitting, frequent walking and standing; minimal lifting. May be required to work evenings and/or weekends and attend meetings outside of regular working hours.