Administrative Provider Support
Gaston Family Health Services-Main | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Summary of Position:
Administrative Provider Support: The Administrative Provider Support position is responsible for providing a wide range of support functions for the Medical Director and All Providers within the GFHS organization. The position is a key support to those they are supporting by maintaining, coordinating and providing providing senior level administrative support along with other duties as requested. This position serves as the confidential support for the Medical Director and is central to the overall administrative functions for provider support. Performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities, resolves administrative problems and inquiries, prepares and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, emails.
Education: Associate degree with 5 years of experience in administrative/office position or a bachelors degree in health care or public health with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience: Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software. Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment. Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping. Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
Key competencies: Communication skills-written and verbal, planning and organizing, prioritizing, problem assessment and problem solving, attention to detail and accuracy, flexibility, adaptability, customer service orientation and teamwork.
- Maintain accurate records of Provider PTO/CME scheduling with our Time Clock Plus System and communicate as directed with appropriate personnel.
- As required work with the Provider Trainer on any schedules as necessary.
- Support for Medical Director.
- Coordinate any required and or requested programs and or activities within the department.
- Formalize,document and communicate information to Providers, Team Leads, and Senior Management as required.
- Follow up in timely and accurate manner any questions from Providers or others within GFHS organization.
- As required document accurately all appropriate minutes within the department.
- Support monthly Provider Meetings. (including set up and break down of tables, creating and collating any hand-outs, and minutes)
- Support any meetings that are conducted by the Medical Director.
- Coordination of schedules as related to recruiting/hiring of physicians and mid-levels in conjunction with Human Resources and Medical Director. (Arrange interview time and dates, coordinate interview agenda, arrange lodging)
- Maintain all records accurately for the Medical Director and the department.
- Monthly on call schedule.
- Document and communicate any addendum or new guidelines for GFHS Provider Staff.
- Execute any projects as assigned by Medical Director and/or Senior Management
- Any additional duties assigned by the Medical Director or appropriate personnel.