Administrative | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Summary of Position
The Account Manager is responsible for developing strong relationships with partners and maintaining partner accounts including accountability and compliance to ensure contract fulfillment and partner satisfaction. This role requires a unique ability to liaise with outside partners, stakeholders, and cross-functional internal team members.
Proven healthcare management experience. Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectiveness at all levels of the organization. Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on partner needs. Proven ability to manage multiple projects with strict attention to detail. Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment. Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability, and maturity. Ability to prioritize among competing tasks. Travel to and from partner locations.
Our ideal candidate will...
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with partners.
- Negotiate contracts and develop partner proposals.
- Ensure contract fulfillment to include performing regular audits of the 19 Requirements of an FQHC to control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Work with partner and key internal team members to onboard and integrate new partners and to develop existing client relationships.
- Liaise between partners and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to the contract, partner needs and objectives.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts and stake holders.
- Design and deliver business management reports. Forecast and track key account metrics to align project tactics with project strategy.
- Work on healthcare promotional programs, on-site medical programs, and other related healthcare services.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Facilitate and lead effective partner meetings to manage change and conflict and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Administration, Healthcare or related field; Masters’ preferred.
- Experience Required: 4+ years experience in healthcare