Traffic Engineer III
Transportation | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Are you a Traffic Engineer looking for the right firm to place your talents? Gewalt Hamilton is waiting to hear from you. GHA offers a positive, cooperative environment based on integrity, dedication, and compassion.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities including:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
- Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of traffic engineering experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects at one time.
- Working knowledge of the following software programs: Highway Capacity Software (HCS), SYNCHRO / SimTraffic, and MS Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- AutoCAD and or MicroStation skills are desirable but not required.
- Be familiar with traffic engineering guidelines, including IDOT, ITE, FHWA, AASHTO, and MUTCD publications for preparation of Traffic Impact Studies.
- Experience making public presentations.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects as part of a larger team.
- Self-starting, detail-oriented individual, with organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A solid work ethic with the desire to assist with staff development.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Efficient self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
The Traffic Engineer will work as part of a team performing design engineering tasks on a variety of traffic study and transportation planning projects for multiple clients including educational, institutional, healthcare, recreational, residential, retail, and commercial land developments.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Client management and team coordination with other engineers, architects, and technicians as necessary to perform work.
- Attendance at project meetings, Public Meetings, and Public Hearings.
- Evaluate traffic data and perform field observations.
- Prepare engineering calculations, conduct complex analyses, and technical report writing in support of Traffic Impact Studies and Transportation Planning Studies.
- Traffic modeling and capacity analysis using HCS and/or SYNCHRO software.
- Review and analyze crash data.
- Assist with roadway, crosswalks and bicycle facility design, and geometric design.
- Traffic control device warrant analyses.
- Preparation of proposals which include scope, schedules, and budget.
- Coordinate with and provide support to other company divisions such as Site Design, Municipal, and Survey and Construction Divisions
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
GHA is an ESOP company. Salary Range is dependent on your experience. PTO, Floating Holidays, Paid Holidays, 401k Retirement Plan/Profit Sharing Plan, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Maternity/Paternity Leave.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.