Traffic Engineer I
Transportation | Vernon Hills, IL | Full Time
Are you a Traffic Engineer looking for the right firm to place your talents? Gewalt Hamilton is waiting to hear from you. GHA offers a positive, cooperative environment based on integrity, dedication, and compassion.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities including:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with a Fundamental-in-Engineering certificate (FE) and/or Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) License.
- Minimum of 2 years of traffic engineering experience required.
- Has demonstrated that they can work on multiple, complex projects at one time.
- Working knowledge of the following software programs: Highway Capacity Software (HCS), SYNCHRO / SimTraffic, and MS Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- Basic AutoCAD and/or MicroStation skills.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
The Traffic Engineer will work as part of a team performing design engineering tasks on a variety of traffic study and transportation planning projects for multiple clients including educational, institutional, healthcare, recreational, residential, retail, and commercial land developments.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Coordination with other engineers, architects, and technicians as directed to complete assigned work.
- Evaluate traffic data and perform field observations.
- Assist with preparation of engineering calculations, conduct basic analyses, and technical report writing in support of Traffic Impact Studies and Transportation Planning Studies.
- Traffic modeling and capacity analysis using HCS and/or SYNCHRO software.
- Review and analyze crash data.
- Traffic control device warrant analyses.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and as part of a larger team.
- Self-starting, detail-oriented individual, with organizational and interpersonal skills essential.
- A great work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
GHA is an ESOP company. Salary Range is dependent on your experience. PTO, Floating Holidays, Paid Holidays, 401k Retirement Plan/Profit Sharing Plan, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Maternity/Paternity Leave.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.