GIS Analyst II
Data Collection | Vernon Hills, IL | Full Time
Reports to: Division Director or Assistant Division Director
FLSA Code: Non-exempt hourly with overtime
Working as part of a team of skilled information technology, planning, and engineering professionals. This technical position is responsible for providing spatial analysis, cartography, and maintenance of documents in support of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and CAD activities of the region’s transportation, traffic, land use, utilities, and other geospatial needs. This position also requires independent work skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate with GHA staff and clients, as well as outside agencies.
As a GIS Analyst, you will utilize the company values in all phases of your work. You shall demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, be a self-starter and be able to carry out assignments with limited oversight. This position does not require you to be an Illinois resident and may allow for the flexibility to work from home, if deemed appropriate. In addition, the candidate shall show competency in the following areas:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
- Creates and maintains GIS database features, webmaps and metadata using ESRI software as new data is received.
- Verifies and maintains accuracy of data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical cartography skills, practices, and methods as applicable to a Municipal setting. Some knowledge of applicable city policies, laws, and regulations affecting decision activities.
- Assists other staff in the performance of their duties, as assigned.
- Performs complex analysis projects using GIS/CAD software tools and data.
- Conducts and coordinates field data collection using various Global Positioning System (GPS) units, and various analytical tasks.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Responsible for ensuring your team’s task and project schedules and budgets are met.
- Local travel may be required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science and/or related field and a minimum of 5-years of experience related to geographic information systems and/or computer-aided mapping.
- Must have Certified GIS Professional certification or can obtain it within two years.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or Government issued ID.
- Must be proficient in use of the latest ESRI ArcGIS Pro software.
- Experience managing SDE geodatabases preferred.
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience with ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.
- Experience and/or training with AutoCAD and MicroStation software is preferred.
- Must have the ability to write concisely and convey meaning in a manner appropriate to different readers.
- Must have the ability to verbally express ideas in a way that is easily understood by others who are unfamiliar with the topic, including delivering a presentation or giving accurate information at a public hearing.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing, and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.