Administration | Vernon Hills, IL | Full Time
Reports to: Division Director or Assistant Division Director
FLSA Code: Non-exempt hourly with overtime
An exciting opportunity is available to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, an employee-owned, multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built a reputation of civil engineering with a personal approach. We are seeking an Engineering Assistant to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
The Engineering Assistant provides general administrative and technical support through a variety of complex secretarial, clerical, and technical activities and related tasks. The Engineering Assistant is familiar with the operations of one or more of the firm’s Divisions and exercises independent judgment and action, including making frequent decisions in accordance with responsibilities delegated from Project Managers in the Division(s). Primary emphasis is placed upon relieving professional engineering staff of administrative and semi-technical functions.
As an Engineering Assistant, you shall utilize the company values in all phases of your work. You shall demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, be a self-starter, be able to carry out assignments with limited oversight in a timely manner, and show competency in the following areas:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
- Maintains and updates filing system for Division staff. Retrieves information from files when needed
- Prepares and/or maintains various technical spreadsheets and databases
- Preparation of Permits
- Requests various data from outside agencies and organizations and manages responses
- Schedule, coordinates, organizes and/or attends complex activities such as open houses, meetings, travel, conferences, and Division activities as needed
- Prepares letters, handouts, postcards, comment sheets, and other project documents for public involvement
- Develops charts, graphs, and diagrams
- Posts and coordinates bid documents, addenda, and bid tabulations
- Prepares, proofreads, and edits technical reports, specifications, correspondence, and proposals
- Maintains and processes various forms
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree desirable. Bachelor’s degree preferable
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office required with expert skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferable
- Must be detail-oriented. Strong grammar, spelling, composition, and proofreading abilities are required
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Willingness and desire to be part of a team environment and to learn through a mentoring relationship
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conceptual-thinking skills are required
GHA offers excellent benefits packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.