Civil Engineer IV - Site Design
Site Design | Chicago, IL | Full Time
An exciting opportunity is available to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, an employee-owned, multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built a reputation of civil engineering with a personal approach. We are seeking a Civil Engineer IV to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
The Civil Engineer will report to the Division Director and perform engineering design and project management tasks for a variety of site design improvements for educational, institutional, healthcare, recreational, residential, retail and commercial land development projects.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Leadership role to fully manage all contractual responsibilities of assigned projects with our clients.
- Project Manager to lead engineering design, plan preparations, specifications, and other related tasks for site developments. Such work may include coordination and assistance to other company divisions such as Transportation, Municipal, Survey, and Construction Divisions.
- Client management and team coordination with other engineers, technicians, and other design professionals as necessary to perform work; attendance at meetings.
- Analysis and design of stormwater management systems.
- Coordination and compliance with regulatory agencies and securing various construction permits and approvals
- Preparation of technical reports.
- Preparation of proposals which include scope, schedules, and budget.
Required Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Illinois.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred.
- 12+ years of direct civil engineering design experience and at least 8+ years as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the disciplines needed to design or construct the project.
- High level of proficiency in complex designs.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License and registered insured personal vehicle.
- Strong water resources background preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and GIS.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and as part of a larger team.
- Self-starting, detail-oriented individual, with organizational and interpersonal skills essential.
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing, ability to work remotely, and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.