Civil Engineer III - Site Design
Site Design | Vernon Hills, IL | Full Time
Reports to: Division Director or Assistant Division Director
FLSA Code: Exempt
An exciting opportunity is available to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, an employee-owned, multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built a reputation of civil engineering with a personal approach. We are seeking a Civil Engineer III to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
The Civil Engineer will perform engineering design and project management tasks for a variety of site design improvements for educational, institutional, healthcare, recreational, residential, retail and commercial land development projects.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Project Engineer to lead design, plan preparations, specifications, and other related tasks for site developments. Such work may include coordination and assistance to other company divisions such as Transportation, Municipal, Survey and Construction Divisions.
- Client management and team coordination with other engineers, architects and technicians as necessary to perform work; attendance at meetings.
- Analysis and design of stormwater management systems
- Coordination and compliance with regulatory agencies and securing various construction permits and approvals
- Preparation of technical reports
- Preparation of proposals which include scope, schedules, and budget.
Required Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Illinois.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred.
- 8+ years of direct civil engineering design experience and at least 4+ years as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the disciplines needed to design or construct the project.
- High level of proficiency in complex designs.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License and registered, insured personal vehicle.
- Strong water resources background preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of GIS
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and as part of a larger team.
- Self-starting, detail-oriented individual, with organizational and interpersonal skills essential.
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.