Project Coordinator (OR)
Sales | Orem, UT | Full Time
Position Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Orem, UT
Purpose of the Position:
The Project Coordinator is a Professional. The PC is a key part of the sales team and serves as the primary interface between Geneva Pipe and the customer to ensure that the right products are delivered to the customer at the right time. The PC has the principal responsibility, once a job is sold, to coordinate the manufacturing and delivery of the products to the customer in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. The overarching goal of the PC is to ensure that our customers receive the best possible customer service experience. The PC is also a key member of the sales team and works closely with sales to prepare quotes, perform takeoffs and any other duties that are required to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Upon receipt of an order from a customer or a salesman, the PC assumes responsibility for that order until it is delivered to the customer.
- The PC will initiate contact with the customer for details on the product specifications, delivery location and schedule. The PC accurately inputs the order into Titan and coordinates with Sales and Production to assure the customer’s needs are met.
- Should Scheduling/Production not be able to meet customer’s delivery date, PC is to negotiate a new delivery date with the customer.
- PC will contact customer to define submittal requirements, manufacturing requirements, construction sequencing and delivery requirements, then meet with scheduling, production and dispatch to assure that the customer’s needs are met.
- If engineering is required for the product, the PC meets with engineering to have the product designed for manufacturing to the customer’s specifications and submittals prepared and submitted.
- Stay in contact with customer with any updates on the progress of the order.
- Keep Sales updated on how the order is progressing.
- One week before delivery the PC contacts the foreman on the job to confirm the delivery date and any special conditions on the job site our drivers need to be aware of.
- PC will assist sales by performing takeoffs and preparing quotes for jobs that are bidding.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all Geneva Pipe products.
- Familiarity with Geneva Pipe production methods and production capabilities.
- Understanding of specific plant capabilities.
- Customer oriented with ability to relate with customers in a calm, professional manner.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Use basic math skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary based upon qualifications.
Health insurance and dental insurance after 60 days, life insurance, and 401(K) benefits become available after 90 days of hire. Paid Holidays and Paid Time off are part of our benefits plan as well.
Geneva Pipe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer