Sales | Orem, UT | Full Time
Position Title: Corporate Drafter
Reports to:Corporate Technical Manager
Geneva Pipe Company was founded in 1956 with a belief in quality products and a strong customer focus. From its humble beginnings 50 years ago, Geneva Pipe has become one of the most respected names in the concrete products industry. We know long term success depends on lasting relationships built on trust and repeat business. Our customers are considered our business partners. We enjoy and cherish that relationship.
Provide drafting support for all Geneva Pipe plants and personnel necessary for the promotion, sale and manufacturing of precast concrete products. This requires extensive drawing work with AutoCAD along with the ability to develop a thorough understanding of the structural design requirements of all products the company manufactures. Will also provide design/drafting support to our fabrication facility in the manufacture of steel forms and other structural products used in our production facilities. The position will be based in the Orem, UT corporate office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely line layout, project details and submittal packages to the manufacturing facilities and sales personnel for compliance with the project requirements
- Provide structural designs for full range of precast products manufactured by Geneva Pipe including pipe, box culverts, catch basins, manholes, wingwalls and other precast concrete products
- Review contract specifications and plans for bidding purposes and to prepare detailed takeoffs and plans when necessary
- Work with staff professional engineers to assemble submittals on the design of products as necessary to support projects as requested by project coordinators, sales and manufacturing. This includes preparation of detailed structural design calculations and drawings packages sufficient for product approval and manufacturing
- Prepare line layout drawings for pipe and box culvert projects, including all interface details with existing structures and details for fittings as necessary for submittal to contractors/owners and as required for manufacturing to produce the products
- Ability to learn and apply design concepts for any new products company acquires including retaining walls, three sided structures, pipe, box culverts, manholes and rubber gasket joints, etc., as necessary to support corporate growth.
- Work with plant production and quality control personnel to ensure proper production of products. Develop and understanding of production methods with a focus of providing designs that will maximize production efficiencies.
- Work with our internal form fabrication plant personnel to prepare drawings and designs for the production of steel forms and other steel products used in our precast production facilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. At the discretion of management, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associates Degree in Design/Drafting Technology
- Prefer two years of relevant experience
- Experience and proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability and intellectual curiosity to learn technical subjects in order to service internal and external customers by becoming knowledgeable about all Geneva Pipe products, Geneva Pipe production methods and production capabilities and an understanding of specific plant capabilities.
- Customer oriented with ability to relate with customers in a calm, professional manner.
- Team player with the ability to work with a diverse group in sales, production, project coordination and customers.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
Compensation and Benefits:
Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance after 60 days of hire. Life and 401(K) benefits become available after 90 days of hire. The company currently pays 80 percent of health insurance premiums. Paid Holidays & Paid Time off are also part of the Benefits package.
Geneva Pipe is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer