Windows Systems Administrator
Technology | New York, NY | Full Time
Generic Network Systems (GNS) is a boutique managed services/hosting company, primarily for investment firms. We manage systems all over the world from our NYC, San Francisco & Portland offices. We have collocation sites in North America, Europe and Asia.
GNS is looking for a Windows System Administrator based in our Midtown Manhattan offices to assist in the maintenance & support of workstations, and servers. This person will work our afternoon shift from 11:00AM until 8:00PM.
- Day-to-day server, workstation, and application support of geographically-diverse clients from our offices in New York City. This includes office visits to some of our clients in the Tristate area. No other travel is required.
- Ensure client requests are responded to in a timely fashion
- Work closely with users over email, on the phone, and in person.
- Build, upgrade & maintain systems and applications on multiple platforms.
- Troubleshoot, resolve & document solutions related to systems, applications and DR/backup jobs.
- Proficient supporting Windows 10 and MS Office 2013 and 2016.
- 1-4 years’ experience supporting Windows-based servers and workstations.
- Experience with management of Microsoft Office 365 environments.
- Familiarity with VMware vCenter.
- Experience troubleshooting issues related to VMware VM's, Windows AD, SQL Services, DNS, IIS and IP networking.
- Good problem-solving ability and interest in learning.
- Responsible, proactive, great interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Cisco Umbrella/OpenDNS, MS Azure, AWS, Cloudberry, the Citrix XenApp platform & Zerto Virtual Replication products.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Familiarity with hosted VoIP systems
- Experience in a scripting language, preferably Windows Power Shell.
- UNIX experience.
- Cisco network equipment experience.
- Work in a small but very experienced team in fast growing company.
- Exposure to a wide range of software and hardware with almost unlimited opportunity to advance and learn.
- Company reimbursed tuition for relevant training.
- Flexible working environment with good health care and paid vacation.
Salary range is between $60,000 and $75,000 per year, depending on experience and abilities.
- Light 'On-Call' rotation duties for weekend/holiday client emergencies.
- Candidates must be able to legally work in the USA. We cannot sponsor a visa.
- Principals Only Please (No Recruiters)