Windows Desktop Systems Administrator
Technology | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Generic Network Systems (GNS) is a boutique managed services/hosting company, primarily for investment firms. We manage systems all over the world from our NYC, San Francisco, Portland & Century City offices. We have collocation sites in North America, Europe and Asia.
We are looking for a Windows Desktop System Administrator based on site in West LA with one of our clients to assist in the maintenance, & support of workstations, desktop environment and cloud-based platforms. This person will work a shift from 7 AM until 4 PM.
- Day-to-day workstation, application and cloud support of our client from their offices in West LA.
- Ensure client requests are responded to in a timely fashion
- Work closely with users over email, on the phone, and in person.
- Build, upgrade & maintain systems and applications on multiple platforms.
- Troubleshoot, resolve & document solutions related to systems, applications and DR/backup jobs.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 including baseline security policies.
- Proficient in supporting MS Office 2013 and 2016.
- 4-6 years’ experience supporting Windows-based servers and workstations.
- Experience with management of Microsoft Office 365 environments including MDM and Intune.
- Familiarity with VMware vCenter.
- Experience troubleshooting issues related Windows AD, DNS and IP networking.
- Good problem-solving ability and interest in learning.
- Responsible, proactive, great interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Cisco Umbrella/OpenDNS, MS Azure, AWS, Cloudberry.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Familiarity with hosted VoIP systems
- Experience in a scripting language, preferably Windows Power Shell.
- UNIX experience.
- Cisco network equipment experience.
- Work in a small but very experienced team in fast growing company.
- Exposure to a wide range of software and hardware with almost unlimited opportunity to advance and learn.
- Company reimbursed tuition for relevant training.
- Flexible working environment with good health care and paid vacation.
Salary range is between $75 K - $90 K per year, depending on experience and abilities.
- Light 'On-Call' rotation duties for weekend/holiday client emergencies.
- Candidates must be able to legally work in the USA. We cannot sponsor a visa.
- Principals Only Please (No Recruiters)