IT Support Engineer / Consultant at MSP
IT Consulting, Support, Projects | New York, NY | Full Time
Growing IT managed service provider seeks motivated Support Engineer to join team
You will work as the right hand to owner completing IT projects, advising clients, and supporting users in a team oriented environment. This position is client facing and people focused. Technical tasks are varied, including level 2 and 3 user support, server upgrade projects, email system administration, workstation deployments, migrations to cloud services, backup and disaster recovery administration, and Remote Monitoring and Maintenance NOC management. Most work is performed from our office, but we do go on-site occasionally.
- Excellent client communication skills
- Organized and efficient
- Ability to document work and time
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Active Directory & Group Policy
- Office 365, Microsoft Exchange
- Server software migrations
- Firewall/Router management
- Virtualization, Hyper-V
- TCP/IP (DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Cloud software setup and administration
- Exchange migrations
- Ticketing systems
- ConnectWise and Kaseya experience a huge plus
- Enthusiasm for helping our clients leverage technology a must
- Minimum 3 years experience in support, consulting, engineering
- Standard certifications or equivalent experience (A+, Network+, MCSE, etc)
- Track record of success supporting client environments and delivering on projects
- Managed Service Provider experience
This is a great place to work. Our office is in a WeWork co-working community. In addition to our private office we share communal spaces with a wealth of other high energy small businesses and startups. Amenities include ping pong and events including technology speakers and weekly happy hour parties.
Our clients appreciate and value us. We maintain a positive work environment in which we benefit from learning and gain valuable skills and experience with new technologies on a constant basis.
We enjoy a NOC that provides us with detailed technical data on our clients systems and allows us to script tasks to our hearts desire.
- Competitive salary
- Partnership program for qualified team members
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health insurance assistance available
Small team where you will have to opportunity to work with a handful of select clients in developing and supporting their technology environments. We have been in business successfully for 12 years and now serve a hand selected client base. Some of our clients are on fully-managed flat-rate plans and some are billed hourly. We have more work than we can handle, so we focus on the clients we love.
We are seeking someone with the skills and ability to be key team member and make partner. Serious applicants only.