Events | Rockville, MD | Full Time
The Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS®, one of the largest local REALTOR® associations in the U.S., represents more than 10,000 REALTOR® members from Washington, DC and Montgomery County, MD, as well as industry-related professionals who follow the real estate business. We are the local voice for real estate and we provide the resources for members to succeed. Our work, and the work of our members, is all about relationships. It is our goal to provide outstanding value and exceptional service, delivered with the highest level of professionalism, to our members and communities.
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and conceiving GCAAR’s events, including award ceremonies, signature annual installation, corporate functions, tradeshow exhibitions, and happy hours, among others. The position deals with a wide range of responsibilities that include seeking & securing sponsorships, developing budgets, event theme building, creating event programs both virtually and in-person, communicating with event attendees & corporate donors, marketing, contracting vendors, coordinating event logistics, timelines and tasks as necessary for event production.
Reporting to the Events Manager and working in both our DC and Rockville offices, the Events Coordinator will deliver exceptional events with grace, a sense of humor, and attention to detail. The Events Coordinator must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines. The Events Coordinator should have a passion for special event management, provide outstanding communication to GCAAR staff, vendors and event attendees, be an enthusiastic professional, and be capable of building strong and positive relationships with vendors and sponsors.
This is a full-time position for a highly organized, self-motivated individual with strong people skills.
Collaborate with Events Manager on event planning, revenue generation, management, production, and sponsorship. Event Planning and Production Assistance includes, but is not limited to:
- Collaborate with Events Manager to plan the full event calendar for GCAAR and DCAR; create and manage all aspects of the events, including the timeline, program, budget, and task list.
- Serve as a point of contact for all event planning and production meetings and discussions.
- With Events Manager, organize and lead collaboration with the Communications Team on event concept, graphic design/production/printing, and event marketing.
- Assistant with site visits, food tastings, ordering of supplies/decorations, coordinate audiovisual equipment & operation, make travel arrangements.
- Coordinate the logistics for shipping supplies travel to the event location.
- Secure guest speakers and entertainment; review speeches, collaborate with Communications on scripts, coordinate rehearsals.
- Work with Events Manager to create/revise room layouts/seating arrangements for each event as necessary.
- Serve as a backup to Events Manager for on on-site production.
- Responsible leading cleanup for events as necessary.
- Responsible for solicitating and securing sponsorships for events as needed.
- Organize invitation, registration, and attendee check-in processes.
- Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors and staff members following each event.
- Responsible for creating post surveys and sending out emails to registrants before events begin with necessary information.
- Serve as a back-up liaison for the YPN committee and be available to assist with other committees as needed. Produce meeting minutes and handle follow-up from committee calls and meetings.
- Make recommendations for department and program improvement.
- Must be willing to work late nights and possible weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of professional work experience in events.
- Excellent verbal, written, and proofreading skills.
- Self-confident team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective project management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Able to meet time-sensitive deadlines, multitask, and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to lift and move heavy items to facilitate events.
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend work.
- Must have ability to work in Rockville and DC office.
- Graphic design experience a plus
Compensation is between $45,000 - $52,000 plus a generous benefits package.