Communications | Rockville, MD | Full Time
The Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS® (GCAAR), one of the nation’s largest local real estate associations serving more than 10,000 members, is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented content marketing whiz to fill our Communications Specialist role. Reporting to the vice president of strategic communications, the role will be an integral part of our Communications team, which supports both GCAAR and the District of Columbia Association of REALTORS® (DCAR).
Our desired candidate is adept at writing for multiple channels and publishing brief, compelling content efficiently and accurately for email, website, social media and print communications. You’ll need to be well-versed in social media management and measurement, in managing and editing email and website content, in simultaneously juggling many priorities and in meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Write copy for the association’s email communications, including newsletters, education and event-specific emails, and for other electronic channels.
- Develop and post association content to website; perform regular website updates and maintenance.
- Maintain the association’s social media calendar and accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter), develop and execute social media campaigns and track their effectiveness.
- Regularly track the effectiveness of the association’s communications through Google Analytics and other measurement tools.
- Keep TV screens and collateral in public areas up to date.
- Assist with production of publications, including brochures and postcards, and manage mailing lists.
- Take photos at GCAAR events and upload to SharePoint to maintain organized, searchable photo libraries.
- Assist with writing press releases or other media relations initiatives, as needed.
- Assist with evening and weekend events on occasion.
- Assist other departments, as assigned.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in communications, journalism, public relations or marketing.
- Two to four years of related work experience.
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills (a writing test will be required).
- Proven ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines while maintaining a high standard of quality in an incredibly fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Practical knowledge of current communications and email marketing best practices to drive brand engagement and build traffic across web and social platforms.
- Experience in management of social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram), email marketing tools and website content management systems (CMS).
- Familiarity with/hands-on experience writing in Associated Press (AP) style.
- Ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive assignments and exercise sound judgment.
- Self-motivated, organized and highly resourceful team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Nice to have skills, but not required:
- Experience with graphic design (Adobe InDesign) and ability to create graphics that support content.
- Experience with digital photography and video production.
Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.