Resulting Specialist (MA qualified)
Medical Staff | Louisville, CO | Full Time
Gastroenterology of the Rockies is a rapidly growing Gastroenterology practice in Colorado. This expanding practice is looking for a Resulting Specialist to join our team. This is a full time position (40 hours per week) Monday through Friday, working at our Louisville location.
- Acts as the patient’s advocate to ensure optimum patient satisfaction with the experience and care they receive.
- Contacts patients to advise the results of tests, or other appropriate information.
- Contacts patients regarding Rx refills and schedules them for appointments that need medication refills.
- Able to educate patients about GI specific conditions, tests and medications using language, terms and methods that the patient can easily understand. Ensures that patients are provided with appropriate written or verbal information. Asks questions and seeks clarification from providers and RNs when appropriate.
- Document all patient interactions in the appropriate system in a timely and accurate manner and verify that all documentation is complete, concise and accurately reflects the complete situation and the care that was given.
- Addresses tasks in a timely manner (within 7 days, as soon as possible for urgent tasks). Able to prioritize tasks appropriately. All electronic charting is complete, accurate and professional.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and must be a graduate of a Medical Assistant course of study from a certified school (new graduates considered).
- 1 - 3 years of experience in medical office environment.
- A high level dedication to excellent patient care, office teamwork, detail and accuracy are required.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, good computer skills, be flexible and dependable, and be able to multitask in a fast paced medical office environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- No weekend or evening shifts
- All major holidays off
- Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan and 401K