Physician Assistant (PA/NP)
Medical Staff | Boulder, CO | Full Time
Gastroenterology of The Rockies is a dynamic team of Digestive Disorder Specialists consisting of both Physicians and Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioner who work integrally to provide outstanding patient care.
We are looking to add a qualified, experienced and motivated Physician Assistant to work in a practice based setting at our Boulder and Longmont locations. Our professionals are team players who work in a fast paced and rewarding environment.
- Provides excellent patient customer service and acts as a professional during all encounters with the patient and community.
- Follows the Colorado Medical Board rules.
- Makes a chart note for every patient for whom the PA performs any act defined as the practice of medicine in Section 12-36-106(1) of the Rules governing Physician Assistants.
- Performs problem focused physical exams.
- Orders labs, tests, imaging and procedures that will aid in the diagnosis of the patient.
- Establishes a reasonable diagnosis for the patient, based upon the history, problem focused physical exam, lab, imaging and procedure findings.
- Develops sound medical diagnosis to the best of their ability and with the input of the Supervising MD, if needed.
- May issue prescription orders for any drug or controlled substances.
- Consults with specializing physicians within the Practice, utilizes our Hepatologists and Genetics Clinic provider(s), and understands and grows knowledge about the various MD specialties, clinics and roles within the Practice.
- Maintains knowledge of study protocols within GROCK/CRR.
- Interacts and reaches out to other PA’s and providers in the community to create opportunities to represent our GI practice.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant (PA) program.
- Minimum of 2 years of Internal Medicine or Specialty medicine; full-time experience.
- Practice integrally with our M.D. and PA-C group
- All appropriate licensure and State of Colorado requirements for PA practice in the State of CO with ongoing maintenance of certification.
- Must be EMR trained.
- Excellent communication skills with all members of the staff and leadership team.
- GI experience preferred.
- Experience with Dragon Speak dictation preferred but not required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Closed all major Holidays
- No weekend or evenings
- Profit Sharing Plan and 401K
- Mileage reimbursement when visiting multiple offices
- CME and malpractice coverage