Internal Application: Medical Assistant-Resulting
Medical Staff | Louisville, CO | Full Time
Patient-centered, compassionate and team-oriented. Does that sound like you? That is who we are at Gastroenterology of the Rockies. We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented person to join our team as a Resulting Medical Assistant! The position has a lot of patient interaction by phone and helps educate people about GI specific conditions.
The pay range for this position is starting at $16.00 or more depending on experience.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO
- Has a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Is a graduate of a certified Medical Assistant Program, Certified Nursing Assistant Program, Emergency Medical Technician Program OR college graduate with science major (new graduates considered)
- Has 1-2 years of experience in medical office environment - Preferred, but not required
- A high level dedication to excellent patient care, office teamwork, detail and accuracy are required.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, good computer skills, be flexible and dependable, and be able to multitask in a fast paced office environment.
TASKS YOU WILL BE PERFORMING
- Acts as the patient’s advocate to ensure optimum patient satisfaction with the experience and care they receive.
- Contacts patients to advise the results of tests, or other appropriate information.
- Contacts patients regarding Rx refills and schedules them for appointments that need medication refills.
- Able to educate patients about GI specific conditions, tests and medications using language, terms and methods that the patient can easily understand. Ensures that patients are provided with appropriate written or verbal information. Asks questions and seeks clarification from providers and RNs when appropriate.
- Document all patient interactions in the appropriate system in a timely and accurate manner and verify that all documentation is complete, concise and accurately reflects the complete situation and the care that was given.
- Addresses tasks in a timely manner (within 7 days, as soon as possible for urgent tasks). Able to prioritize tasks appropriately. All electronic charting is complete, accurate and professional.
OUR BENEFITS INCLUDE
- No weekend or evening shifts!
- All major holidays off
- Five 8-hour shifts, M-F
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan and 401K
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US:
- Gastroenterology of the Rockies is a rapidly growing Gastroenterology practice in Boulder County and the greater Denver Metro area with seven office locations and five ASC's
- Multi-specialty practice, including; advanced therapeutic endoscopy, and transplant trained hepatologists
- 5280 Top Doc awards
Please visit us at: www.gastrorockies.com to learn more.
All qualified candidates are required to pass a Criminal Background Check and Pre-employment Drug Screen (which includes marijuana)
Gastroenterology of the Rockies is an Equal Opportunity Employer