Medical Appointment Scheduler
Scheduling Center | Louisville, CO | Full Time
Gastroenterology of the Rockies is a rapidly growing Gastroenterology practice in Boulder County and the greater Denver Metro area. Due to this growth the Practice is looking for a full time Medical Appointment Scheduler to assist patients at its Louisville, CO patient scheduling call center. The hours vary from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with no evening or weekend work.
- Schedules patients for appointments/ or procedures.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with patients in terms they can understand.
- Collects complete, accurate and up to date demographic, insurance, prior and current medical history information.
- Enters complete and accurate patient notes into the system regarding every contact with the patient.
- Communicates with nurses and physicians as necessary.
- Ensures that any pre-procedure medications are ordered as per protocol.
- Sends the correct map and location of the appointment and appropriate contact information to the patient.
- Contacts patients via the "Recall" process to remind them of the need to schedule appointments.
- Medical practice scheduling experience.
- High school diploma.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Professional & committed to excellent patient care.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Superb telephone and computer skills--including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience using a medical CRM.
- Dependable, detail oriented, and ability to multitask.
- Must be a team player and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant training program preferred.
- Experience using Intergy and/or Provation preferred.
- Working knowledge of gastroenterology terminology preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- No weekend or evening shifts
- Off all major Holidays
- Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan and 401K