Pathology | Lakewood, CO | Full Time
Gastroenterology of the Rockies is a rapidly growing Gastroenterology practice in Boulder County and the greater Denver Metro area. This expanding practice is looking for a full time Grossing Technician to join our team at our Lakewood, CO Location. This is a 40 hour/week position with benefits starting after 60 days of employment. Hours and Days are currently being determined.
- This position will be responsible for processing histologic specimens to assure timely and high quality preparation of blocks and slides. This is done though evaluation of quality control, proper instrument maintenance and processing of appropriate samples. Uses professional judgement and knowledge to develop new methods, improve systems, educate others and demonstrate responsibility for administrative duties in the laboratory. This position works closely with the Pathologist, Histologists, Grossing Techs and other staff to ensure quality service to our customers.
- An Associates Degree in Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the medical field, with demonstrated knowledge of medical equipment. Lab experience preferred.
- Have a high level attention to detail and accuracy
- Have the ability to communicate professionally and effectively at all levels of the organization and with clients
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have good computer skills
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player, but also be able to work independently
- Be flexible and able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Have experience working with laboratory equipment or similar medical equipment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- No weekend or evening shifts
- All major holidays off
- Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan and 401K