Business Development | Burbank, CA | Full Time
PRIMARY LOCATION: Remote, work in your own environment.
HOURS: Full Time, including either Saturday or Sunday.
COMPENSATION: Entry level.
DUTIES: Viral Video Acquisitions / Licensing Content
We are Gas Media, one of the fastest growing media technology companies in the entertainment industry. We monetize over 15 billion monthly streams and are currently one of the largest video rights holders in the world. We operate a number of different services out of our 6,000 sq ft HQ in the heart of Los Angeles including: Digital Rights Management (DRM), Digital IP incubation, Multi-Platform Content syndication and mass optimization. Check out our website for more info: https://gasmedia.com
YouTube monetization provides an alternative consulting and revenue-generating resource for our clients to grow their audience and earnings. Within our DRM division, we currently represent hundreds of YouTube channels for our 3rd party clients, creators, artists and studios, who collectively receive hundreds of millions of views per month, which you’ll be helping grow in this position.
We collaborate with some of the most influential personalities and musicians including large gaming personalities and professional E-sports teams to “Double Rainbow All The Way'', one of YouTube’s most prestigious viral videos. We are at the forefront of the entertainment industry and looking for someone to join us and to become a part of the Gas family. Our Licensing Specialist leads our efforts to generate revenue for our clients.
A great communicator that can build and nurture strong working relationships with a wide range of influencers while onboarding submitted content.
You should have discerning taste and a passion for viral videos to be successful in this position.
Work involves answering general questions about our services and providing assistance with submissions, on top of occasionally guiding influencers through our licensing process.
You’ll work closely with Content Management, Digital Rights, and Strategy teams while reaching out to influencers across short form video platforms such as TikTok & Instagram.
As a result, you’ll be expected to gain a solid understanding of all aspects of the business - what we do, the companies & channels we often work with, the types of content we represent, how we protect content, the details of our agreements, etc.
In between outreach, you will communicate closely with our YouTube partners - the outlets that syndicate all the content available in our library.
Following strict guidelines.
Preferred Qualification & Skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills along with experience working with difficult customers.
- Critical thinking - You must have a discerning eye and ability to recognize quality, revenue earning videos.
- Self-motivation - This position is not micromanaged. You should be able to find & accomplish the next project.
- Flexibility in temperament - You must be patient, but thorough and precise.
- Determination and persistence - You must be able to work through problems and conflicts without giving up, getting frustrated, or blaming others. Keep going until you figure it out and create a new process.
- Being a quick learner - GMG is unlike any place you may have worked before. Be prepared to integrate into our structure quickly.
- Good time management - This position can have times that are super busy so being able to work at a steady, reliable pace is key.
- MacOS (2017 or later) computer recommended, otherwise a recently released Windows PC or laptop.
- Headphones with a microphone.
- High speed internet connection. 10Mbps+
Comprehensive knowledge of our products and platform and the ability to clearly communicate all of the details to customers and clients.
Filter and vet video submissions.
Communicate with our Director of Rights Management for successful submission selection.
Experience with social platforms - including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat in addition to Gmail and Google Chrome.
Promptly responding to a variety of customer support requests via messages or email.
Working collaboratively across departments to provide influencers with a first class customer service experience.
Contribute to product development and identify ways to streamline and improve processes for servicing influencers and partners.