SENIOR ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
ART | SAN DIEGO | Full Time
GamesProScouts specializes in global talent acquisition for video games & entertainment. With our team’s in-depth knowledge of these industries and our tailored approach we have become unique in this recruiting space. From games development to film production, we have in-studio and on-set expertise to successfully support hiring needs. We are committed to staffing projects with the right professionals. GamesProScouts -- quality, top tier, award-winning talent!
GamesProScouts is in search of a new contract recruiter to support the high demand of talent sourcing and placement in the video games and entertainment industries.
- The Environmental Artist is responsible for the “look” and artistic integrity of the cinematic scenes.
- Must know the fundamentals of cutting edge 3d graphics techniques including:
- Authoring physics based spaces, High poly modeling (Maya and Zbrush) Baking Normal Maps from high poly to game res mesh
- Shader manipulation
- Modular construction and assembly techniques
- PBR Shader development experience
- Knowledge of baked and dynamic lighting models, Post Effects, etc.
- Use strong drawing, texturing, and lighting skills and an excellent sense of spatial relations and structural logic, to create visually stunning, atmospheric, effective and efficient 3D models of natural and architectural environments
- 2-4 yrs experience in the game development industry on AAA console titles, and at least one shipped title. Able to showcase a powerful portfolio.
- Strong spatial sense and an eye for good composition
- Microsoft Word, Maya, ZBrush (preferred) and Photoshop experience
- Architecture or traditional art background, cinematography experience is a plus
- SPECIAL NOTE: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating. Considered portfolios should include the following:
- 10-15 best examples of your work (Maya renders in addition to in-game screen shots or video)
- 3-5 Mesh shots (that show efficiency & good work process)
- 3-5 Texture Sheets including albedo, spec and normal maps (that shows correct use of maps, efficient use of UV space and artistic skill)
- Example of lighting, either cinematic or in-game.
- An art test may be administered to showcase your ability to create high quality renders within a deadline.
- Work Remotely
- Profit sharing
- Fun and modern culture
- Team events
- Pet friendly environment
- Competitive salary
Third Parties, please do not respond.