Solution Analyst, Chemicals & Materials
Chemicals & Materials | Bangalore, India | Full Time
GadflyZone’s mission is to ensure that our customers in the chemicals and plastics industry find winning segments – of products, markets, applications, & customers – using data sciences.
We believe that Industrial Marketing – which is rightfully driven by expertise and insights – can be empowered by a data-driven approach, built on the solid tenets of mathematical robustness, painless usability and obvious insightfulness. Chemicals and plastics can lead this transformation of industrial marketing into the new age. Considering that approximately 35% of world’s GDP, amounting to about $25T, is driven by industrial output, of which the ubiquitous Chemical Industry is a $4T chunk, there is a huge opportunity for value addition.
Chemical companies are striving to be solution providers in an industry that is seeing a rapid transformation from being product-centric to market-facing. Data-driven segmentation is an ideal starting point for the transformation. GadflyZone partners with chemical companies to accelerate this transformation. With deep domain expertise on the one hand, and passion for data sciences and technology on the other, we are here to deliver solid value and growth.
Does this combination of machine learning, technology and industry value, stir your passion? Do get in touch. We need ace problem solvers at the intersection of chemical engineering, data sciences and software development to deliver domain-specific value using algorithms and heuristics.
GadflyZone Inc. is a privately held corporation headquartered in the Greater Chicago Area, with its India Centre in Bangalore.
You would be responsible for understanding and designing a solution for the industrial marketing and strategy problem, for specific customers, using subject matter expertise and data sciences. This would consist of understanding the customer problem and working with the engineering team to build the solution. Further, you would own the process of constantly refining the overall solution towards better customer experience. Typical aspects of ownership would include:
- Understanding the problem and designing the solution flow - defining scope and requirements, isolating key issues, reviewing possible solutions, and presenting a recommendation
- Designing the strategy for solving the customer problem
- Working with engineers to identify the model for solving the problem
- Identifying and munging the required data
- Running the models with real data, and analyzing the results with techniques such as simulations and what-if analysis
- Analyzing the results and zeroing in on the insights and recommendations
- Owning the customer problem to complete delivery
- Problem Solver (This is Key!)
- Understanding, and more importantly a passion for, chemistry and the chemicals domain
- Understanding of the industrial value chains, especially in chemicals and materials
- Passionate towards direct customer value
- Basic foundation in Statistical Learning, with passion for data based decision making
- Expertise in comprehensive problem solving, all the way from problem definition to the final customer solution
- Knowledgeable in software products that have the potential to meet business needs
- Ability to work with customers to identify core requirements, total budget and timeline, project resources and expectations
- Good communication and customer relationship skills
- Bachelor's or Master's in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or Material Science
Nice to have:
- Industrial marketing analysis experience in the chemicals, polymers and materials domain
- Experience in solving real life problems in the chemicals, polymers and materials domain
- Rudimentary programming experience
- Fun and Solid work environment
- Real Startup, Real Day1, Real Value Addition
- Purpose and Autonomy from day 1, leading to Mastery