Data Sciences Engineer
Data Sciences | Bangalore, India | Full Time
GadflyZone’s mission is to ensure that our customers in the chemicals and plastics industry find winning segments – of products, markets, applications, & customers – using data sciences.
We believe that Industrial Marketing – which is rightfully driven by expertise and insights – can be empowered by a data-driven approach, built on the solid tenets of mathematical robustness, painless usability and obvious insightfulness. Chemicals and plastics can lead this transformation of industrial marketing into the new age. Considering that approximately 35% of world’s GDP, amounting to about $25T, is driven by industrial output, of which the ubiquitous Chemical Industry is a $4T chunk, there is a huge opportunity for value addition.
Chemical companies are striving to be solution providers in an industry that is seeing a rapid transformation from being product-centric to market-facing. Data-driven segmentation is an ideal starting point for the transformation. GadflyZone partners with chemical companies to accelerate this transformation. With deep domain expertise on the one hand, and passion for data sciences and technology on the other, we are here to deliver solid value and growth.
Does this combination of machine learning, technology and industry value, stir your passion? Do get in touch. We need ace problem solvers at the intersection of chemical engineering, data sciences and software development to deliver domain-specific value using algorithms and heuristics.
GadflyZone Inc. is a privately held corporation headquartered in the Greater Chicago Area, with its India Centre in Bangalore.
You would be responsible for solving the segmentation problem using data sciences. This would consist of understanding the problem space of segmentation and building the models for insights and predictive analytics. Typical aspects of ownership would include:
- Understanding the problem and designing the solution flow
- Building the mathematical model for solving the problem
- Exploration, organization and exploitation of the required data
- Building the technology for running the models with real data
- Constantly "Create, test and modify hypotheses" that may explain observed results
- Analyzing the results and zeroing in on the insights and recommendations
- Designing and implementing the correct visualizations, for the best of understanding and analysis
- Ensuring solid customer value
- Problem Solver (This is Key!), with ability to extract value from data
- Solid foundation in Statistical Learning, with passion for data based decision making
- Broad exposure to various machine learning algorithms in the areas of text mining, natural language processing and predictive analytics
- Good understanding of R, including all the oft used libraries
- Expertise in bringing, cleaning and analyzing non standard data
- Experience in converting large ambiguous data sets into compact analyzable visualizations
- Rock star programmer
- Bachelor's or Master's in Engineering, Sciences, Statistics or Economics
Nice to have:
- Understanding of industrial value chains
- Understanding of the Chemical Engineering domain
- Fun and Solid work environment
- Real Startup, Real Day1, Real Value Addition
- Purpose and Autonomy from day 1, leading to Mastery