Internal Application: Life Marketing Consultant
Operations | Middletown, CT | Full Time
Life Marketing Consultant
Futurity First is a nationwide insurance distribution organization that has a diverse and powerful combination of programs to support its insurance and financial advisors. Futurity First provides its advisors with innovative prospecting programs, a broad product portfolio, sales and new business support, innovative training opportunities and a powerful compensation, employee benefit and recognition program. With more than 20 regional and branch offices in major markets across the United States, our community-based advisors are empowered to build long-term relationships with their clients. We specialize in the middle income and mass affluent retirement and pre-retirement market, with a focus on income protection, asset protection, legacy planning and senior health care planning. Founded in 2008, Futurity became part of the Senior Market Sales family of companies in 2015.
The Companies We Represent
We partner with well-respected leaders in the insurance and financial services industry, to offer “best-in-class” products and services. These companies include Prudential, Lincoln Financial, John Hancock, Mutual of Omaha, American Equity, UnitedHealthcare, and many other carriers. Each carrier in our portfolio has been selected after a thorough review process. All carriers are actively managed and reviewed to make certain they maintain their financial strength and ratings and maintain the compensation, service and support that our agents expect.
The Life Marketing Consultant is responsible for providing sales support to the Futurity First distribution organization for Life Insurance product portfolio to increase company revenue and profit.
- Promote company’s product portfolio with specialization in the Life Insurance products.
- Use product knowledge and carrier awareness to help increase life insurance sales.
- Support field advisors with sales tools and concepts to help individual producers with their clients’ needs.
- Educate agents on the overarching concepts and nuances of these products and how they fit into the overall structure of an individual’s portfolio; the education consists of proactive phone work with field management and producers, one on one agent education, client seminars, work with advisors on point of sale strategies and techniques
- Support producers with proposal development and case design.
- Be familiar with all company assigned products and services that are related.
- Be prepared to receive phone calls from advisors and carrier personnel; refer advisors to others based on additional informational needs, particularly for products outside the scope of the position; at no time, should there be communication directly with the end consumer; all communications with the end consumer should be made by and through the advisor.
- Update and maintain Contact Management Information and other designated systems in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain task list.
- Work collaboratively with fellow staff to advance the values and mission of Futurity First by serving on relevant internal and external committees.
- Assists with special projects/assignments as requested by members of management.
- 3 years general insurance industry or related field (financial services, marketing, web-based business, business-to-business customer service or call center) experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of internal or external wholesaling experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Financial Planning, Long Term Care, Annuities and Medicare strategies preferred.
- Experience in providing insurance training and CE courses preferred, but not required.
- Insurance designations preferred but not required (CLU and/or CHFC).
- Prior experience with Power Point preparation and webinar presentations preferred, but not required.
- Experience with carrier websites to include agent portals a plus.
Normal office conditions. Work-week, over-night and week-end travel required to attend business meetings and conferences. Travel time: 10-15%.