Internal Application: Case Manager
Operations | Middletown, CT | Full Time
Experienced Insurance Industry Case Manager
Futurity First Insurance Group (FFIG) is a nationwide insurance distribution organization that has a diverse and powerful combination of programs to support its insurance and financial advisors. With branch offices in major markets across the United States, our community-advisors are empowered to build long-term relationships with their clients while specializing in income protection, asset protection, legacy planning and senior health care planning. Futurity First was founded in 2008 and became part of the Senior Market Sales family of companies in 2015.
The Companies We Represent
We partner with well-respected leaders in the insurance and financial services industry, to offer “best-in-class” products and services. These companies include Prudential, Lincoln Financial, John Hancock, Mutual of Omaha, American Equity, UnitedHealthcare, and many other carriers. Each carrier in our portfolio has been selected after a thorough review process. All carriers are actively managed and reviewed to make certain they maintain their financial strength and ratings and maintain the compensation, service and support that our advisors expect.
The Case Manager is responsible for maintaining primary ownership of life, annuity, and senior health cases which requires engaging in frequent communication and coordination between advisors, insurance carriers, and internal resources. The Case Manager will be responsible for setting their advisor’s expectations appropriately and providing a World Class Customer Service experience, based on our customer’s expectations, throughout the service process.
- Receive and review new insurance applications for missing information, i.e., forms, signatures, policy criteria, etc., prior to submission to the insurance carrier.
- Order and review underwriting requirements including Attending Physician Statements, Exams, supplemental forms and other medical requirements for submission to the insurance carrier.
- Conduct regular follow-up via phone primarily and email and/or website, on all outstanding underwriting requirements.
- Organize and prioritize workload to ensure cases are processed, issues addressed, and cases are placed in a timely manner while maintaining frequent communication to manage customer expectations appropriately.
- Maintain internal processing database to document work activity and communication on all assigned cases.
- Act as the conduit for all issues associated with a case to include coordination with all internal departments.
- May have responsibility for reviewing issued insurance policy for accuracy before mailing to insurance advisor.
- Follow up with insurance advisors on policy delivery requirements, including application amendments, health statement, insurance premium, etc., to ensure policy is placed within specified timeframe.
- Work collaboratively with fellow staff to advance the values and mission of Futurity First by serving on relevant internal and external committees.
- Assists with special projects/assignments as requested by members of management.
- 4-year college degree in business or a related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is desired but not required.
- 2+ years of Life and Annuity Insurance experience.
Normal office conditions.
Futurity First Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
FFIG participates in the E-Verify System.