Digital or Growth Marketing Manager
Marketing | Chicago, IL | Contract
About FUNL Studio
FUNL Studio brings experience, leadership, entrepreneurial drive, positive team dynamics, innovation, and fun (it’s in our name after all!). We build products for innovation departments of Global 500 companies and invest operationally in early-stage startups. Our team utilizes time-tested frameworks, strategic thinking, story-driven design, and rock-solid engineering to bring products to market for digital, IoT, and other emerging technology sectors. We are a fully remote organization that works across time zones and borders. We are located in the USA and Serbia. Every member of FUNL is expected to bring a genuine entrepreneurial spirit and drive to the work. This is a remote contract role that can be freelance, part-time, or full-time. If you have the desire to do something meaningful and important, the urge to get better at your craft, and the desire to be self-directed, you should submit your resume to FUNL Studio.
About the role
FUNL is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Growth Marketing Manager to work with FUNL on growth marketing and conversion rate optimization for our Fortune 500 Enterprise clients and startups. In this cross-functional role, you’ll have access to strategic and tactical workflows as well as the chance to try new things on many different channels. The media spend budgets are significant (hundreds of thousands $$$) as we work mainly with Fortune 500 clients so managing large digital advertising budgets are important. We are looking for someone with strong optimization instincts, product savviness, and an analytical mindset to drive growth, engagement, and conversion.
The FUNL Growth Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing the trafficking, delivery, optimizations, and reporting of digital ad campaigns for multiple clients within a team environment. You will work with our ad ops team and cross-functional groups to address and resolve all ad ops campaigns and issues in a timely manner. You will also work very closely with clients on a regular basis to ensure that communications are clear and professional,, creatives are tested and approved, and that all campaign deliverables are being met.
You will research and learn deeply the lifecycle of every project’s user flow and identify opportunities for project growth and optimization. You will co-lead designing the experiments, running and overseeing all digital campaigns and growth initiatives from end to end, driving the campaign execution through to completion. In addition, you will oversee experiment development and execution, growth marketing, advertising, analytics, data and reporting, SEO, and related services to the Company. Your duties will include running experiments across the conversion funnel, optimizing to improve performance and conversion rates, and working across functions and departments to collaborate on new initiatives.
- Campaign set-up and execution, including generating and testing ad tags for campaign launches
- Conceive of and execute on a wide range of content, email and paid acquisition campaigns to drive education and engagement
- Perform all duties of ad operations including trafficking, troubleshooting, campaign optimizations, and reporting
- Effectively communicate the status of campaigns, technical issues, launch delays, delivery issues, etc. to client contacts
- Perform quality assurance checks and debug issues with campaigns to ensure that line items and creative have been set up correctly and are delivering across all platforms and devices
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance
- Find the channels and strategies to increase revenues and solve customer pain points.
- Assist with documenting, updating, and maintaining trafficking and work-flow procedures for client accounts
- Identify workflow inefficiencies and address ideas to improve the ad ops process
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Responsible for advertisement revenue generation
- Responsible for functions such as pricing, ad product creation, research, and vendor management
- Create, manage and experiment with new digital user acquisition campaigns.
- Oversee and grow the team to manage all social media platforms across all projects (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and work closely with the content team
- Analyze data to monitor revenue, performance and uncover areas for improvement and optimization
- Prepare and present recommendations, reports, and findings from detailed experimental data all the way up to summaries at the executive level
- Contribute to ongoing process improvements, marketing and digital efforts as needed
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- At least 2 years of ad operations and client service experience in an advertising capacity
- Experience trafficking ads for desktop, mobile, and video platforms; Freewheel experience is a big plus
- Programmatic trafficking experience; Google Ad Manager is a big plus
- Must be technically adept within the digital ad space and be able to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Attention to detail, strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and client service skills
- Ability to collaborate well with teams and proactively manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency with Excel, especially with pivot tables
If you share our Core Values and have the aforementioned skills, then FUNL Studio is the perfect place to grow your career:
COLLABORATION. We take a team-focused approach to every project. It takes collaboration within our team and with our clients to help businesses achieve their vision and grow.
ALWAYS LEARNING. We have an always-learning attitude- always learning new trends within our industry, and always learning with our clients to help them stand out, get noticed and grow.
ANALYTICAL. We analyze in order to optimize and amplify in every area of service we provide.
BUILD TRUST. The foundation of great relationships is based on trust. We build trust through integrity, positive actions, and ability.
BE HUMBLE. No matter the result, we keep our feet on the ground and understand that true learning and growth comes from humility.
If this describes you and you’re excited by the thought of helping clients grow their businesses successfully, then apply immediately!
- This is an absolutely remote role.
- Continuous education and skill development.
- Competitive wages.
- Huge growth opportunities. Being a part of a quickly growing company in a growing industry, you have an opportunity to learn a lot and grow fast professionally.
- Working with leading market technologies.
- Super fun, professional, forward-thinking, fast-paced, international work atmosphere.
FUNL Studio LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.