Digital Marketing Analyst
Marketing | Chicago, IL | Contract
About FUNL Studio
FUNL Studio delivers experience, leadership, entrepreneurial drive, positive team dynamics, innovation, and fun (it’s in our name after all!). We build products for innovation departments of Global 500 companies and invest operationally in early-stage startups. Our team utilizes time-tested frameworks, strategic thinking, story-driven design, and rock-solid engineering to bring products to market for digital, IoT, and other emerging technology sectors. We are a fully remote organization that works across time zones and borders. We are located in the USA and Serbia. Every member of FUNL is expected to bring a genuine entrepreneurial spirit and drive to the work. This is a remote contract role that can be freelance, part-time, or full-time. If you have the desire to do something meaningful and important, the urge to get better at your craft, and the desire to be self-directed, you should submit your resume to FUNL Studio.
About the Role
The FUNL Digital Marketing Analyst is responsible for overseeing the digital footprint and performance of a client project which includes its website, paid media campaigns and social media content. Your job duties include analyzing conversion data from top of funnel to post-conversion, identifying trends in that data, and translating those trends into insights and business opportunities. You will also track online marketing trends, develop campaign strategies and optimize online campaign performance.
This role requires someone that understands strategic imperatives, is well versed in the digital marketing ecosystem, is passionate about the customer journey to conversion and reimagining business processes, and has strong quantitative/financial modeling skills and the ability to apply statistical/machine learning methods to a large amount of data. Core responsibilities are to translate data-driven findings from campaigns into actionable insights to inform digital marketing strategies and potentially product challenges and opportunities. Create detailed business analysis and reports, outline problems, opportunities, and solutions for a business. Key functions include contributing analytical and technical skills, business judgment, and creativity to build data solutions to exceed objectives and goals.
You have excellent time management skills and are able to prioritize effectively while creating space for original thinking and thoughtful analysis to support the team. You will succeed if you are someone that has an eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate, and thrive in a dynamic environment. You have the growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company. You have the intellectual curiosity to understand core issues, determination to uncover the solution, and the desire to roll up their sleeves and execute. You will work directly with FUNL leadership and clients to deliver data solutions that tell a story and provide new and innovative insights enabling us to make better decisions and improve our services. You will serve as a thought leader with the Product, Engineering, Operations, and Business Development teams.
This role will report to a FUNL Co-Founder and Partner.
- Leverage data and analytics to gain a deep understanding of our Client’s business objectives.
- Uncover trends and help drive critical business decision-making and opportunities for growth.
- Use analytics and metrics, and a number of technologies/tools, to analyze campaign results, successes and KPIs.
- Collect and analyze customer, marketing and web behavioral data.
- Test campaigns, analyzing key metrics, and identifying opportunities to increase campaign performance.
- Develop digital campaign and web measurement strategies.
- Develop insights from analyses to tell a story out of the data (presentations, dashboards, etc).
- Build and create data visualizations, campaign and website performance reports for our clients and shape business strategy.
- Monitor and analyze digital media and marketing trends.
- Analyzing keyword data and identifying negative keywords.
- End-to-end ownership of deep dives into user behaviors, investigation of ideas, building out rigorous analyses, communicating results, identifying next steps, and influencing business strategy and product roadmaps.
- Perform basic calculations for return on investment and ad spend.
- Investigating paid search accounts to determine plans for improvement.
- Devise and run forecasting models and scenario analyses. Perform industry research and competitive analysis related to potential markets of interest.
- Collaborate with data and product teams to define problem statements, access and manipulate data, build analytical models, explain data-gathering requirements, deliver analytical insights, and make recommendations.
- Potentially provide mentorship to other members of the team on best practices for the design and implementation of cutting-edge analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Analytics or equivalent.
- 5+ years of work experience in a quantitative business intelligence role.
- 3+ years experience in an analytics role or equivalent.
- High level of experience working with analytical software (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Airtable, Tableau,).
- High level of experience in measuring and analyzing online marketing campaigns including natural and paid search, email, affiliate, display and social.
- Fundamental understanding of SEO/SEM.
- Ability to quickly understand business concepts and use data to influence business decision-making.
- Proficient in using data visualization tools to extract and present complex data in a clear, concise way.
- Creating a detailed business analysis, financial modeling, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for a business.
- Experience with preparing forecasts and statistical programming (e.g. Python, SQL).
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience collaborating with software development teams, data scientists, business intelligence, or other technical roles.
- Define and develop the program for metrics creation, data collection, modeling, and reporting operational performance.
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment.
Good To Have
- Ability to relay analytical insights to internal and external stakeholders with various levels of analytical and digital knowledge and at all levels of seniority
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects proactively
- Fundamental understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Planning and monitoring.
If you share our Core Values and have the aforementioned skills, then FUNL Studio is the perfect place to grow your career:
COLLABORATION. We take a team-focused approach to every project. It takes collaboration within our team and with our clients to help businesses achieve their vision and grow.
ALWAYS LEARNING. We have an always-learning attitude- always learning new trends within our industry, and always learning with our clients to help them stand out, get noticed and grow.
ANALYTICAL. We analyze in order to optimize and amplify in every area of service we provide.
BUILD TRUST. The foundation of great relationships is based on trust. We build trust through integrity, positive actions, and ability.
BE HUMBLE. No matter the result, we keep our feet on the ground and understand that true learning and growth comes from humility.
If this describes you and you’re excited by the thought of helping clients grow their businesses successfully, then apply immediately!
- This is an absolutely remote role.
- Continuous education and skill development.
- Competitive wages.
- Huge growth opportunities. Being a part of a quickly growing company in a growing industry, you have an opportunity to learn a lot and grow fast professionally.
- Working with leading market technologies.
- Super fun, professional, forward-thinking, fast-paced, international work atmosphere.
FUNL Studio LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.