DevOps Systems Engineer
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA
DevOps Systems Engineer
Culver City, CA
Does the idea of building and managing infrastructure for a real-time, high-availability, low-latency, variable-workload system excite you? When you hear about ingesting small amounts of data do you instinctively wonder, “what happens with large amounts of data?” Do you think in terms of exponential growth and infinite storage capacities? Then we need you! Fullscreen is looking for a brilliant system engineer to build upon our highly-available, elastic environment and to help us cut costs on our variable workloads. We’d love to know what its like to have a staging environment that actually looks like production. Push-button provisioning is our dream. In short, we need you to help us scale up our infrastructure and plan for the future… of awesomeness.
At Fullscreen, our engineering team is hard at work building out the technology that serves as a catalyst for growth and helps those who seek to succeed on YouTube. We’re an enthusiastic, passionate group who value learning and mentorship. We are very focused on shipping early and often, developing meaningful features in rapid 2-week iterations. We’re masters of our craft and we value creating not only great products, but sustainably built ones that are well-architected and follow best practices.
But we don’t just work hard, we play hard, too. We regularly host performances by talent we partner with. We attend movies whose plot involves the White House being under attack. We have regular office happy hours during which you can socialize with coworkers and maybe even get in a game of ping pong with Adam Bobrow. Every quarter, we host company wide team building events such as the Fullscreen Cup.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating with engineering to design new production systems
- Automating provisioning, configuration and deployment
- Capacity planning and performance tuning
- Evaluating and creating tools to scale our development and deployment process
What You've Done Before
- 4+ years professional experience in a similar position
- Experience with Ruby, Python, Java or Scala
- Cloud-based provisioning and configuration with AWS, Heroku, RackSpace or another provider
- Configuration tools like Chef, Puppet or CFEngine
- Operating a large-scale Internet presence
- Nginx, varnish and memcached
- Various SQL, NoSQL, and Hadoop datastores
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Previous work experience in a startup environment is a plus
Bonus Points for Experience With
- Big data processing systems and infrastructure - Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Systems and application level reporting, monitoring and alerting with statsd, Graphite or Nagios
- Familiarity with build tools (e.g. Maven) and building a continuous deployment pipeline
Perks and Benefits:
- Fully stocked snack closet, the contents of which are decided by the team (including you!)
- Flexible work schedule
- Regular Smash Brothers Melee battles (pending furniture in our game room)
- Want to learn CoffeeScript? Learn it using Code School, available at no charge to you
- Vast reference library of DRM-free eBooks (don’t see the book you want? We’ll buy it)
- $2,500 technology stipend (typical work setup includes current-generation MacBook Air, Cinema Display, magic mouse, wireless keyboard, etc.)
- You may attend 1 domestic conference relating to your industry each year (available to those with 6+ months tenure)
- Catered food on Friday, lots of snacks!
- Insurance, including health, dental, and vision
- Paid time off per year, and wellness time to heal.
About Fullscreen, Inc.
Fullscreen is a global media company that offers innovative technology and premium services for next generation content creators and the world's leading brands to thrive on YouTube. As the largest YouTube network, Fullscreen generates over 2.5 billion monthly video views and reaches over 150 million subscribers. Fullscreen was founded in January 2011 by CEO George Strompolos, a co-creator of the YouTube Partner Program. Fullscreen is headquartered in Culver City, California. (www.fullscreen.net)