The Protestant Religious Education Coordinator
Federal Contractor | Grand Forks, ND | Part Time
*Position is Contingent upon Contract Award
Location: Grand Forks, ND
The Protestant Religious Education Coordinator tasks:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Shall have formal training conducting and coordinating education. This may be substituted with at least 2 years’ experience coordinating a Religious Education program (Certification is desirable).
- Shall be knowledgeable of Air Force and local operating instructions on chapel religious education, to include budgeting appropriated and non-appropriated funds, or demonstrate the ability to learn them quickly.
- Have good planning and coordinating skills, to include familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Display creative vision for short and long-term growth of the Chapel RE program.
- Provide a resume with academics and work related references with proposal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper Facility utilization, to include:
- Reserving chapel facilities for all religious education programs, functions, and events with the Chapel Facility Manager.
- Coordinate appropriated and non-appropriated funds by:
- Preparing annual religious education budgets as well as calendar of classes with the Senior Protestant Chaplain and NCOIC, Chapel Operations, to be submitted NLT 1 August.
- Preparing Appropriated and Chapel Tithes and Offerings Fund (CTOF) funding requested as directed by the Senior Protestant Chaplain.
- 4.2.3 Ensure all religious education curriculum is approved by Wing Chaplain and/or Account Manager prior to purchase.
- Demonstrate integration and enthusiasm for the religious education.
- Oversee chapel religious education programs, to include:
- Coordinate with chapel staff for functions and distribute timely information necessary to meet the goals and objectives set by the Senior Protestant Chaplain.
- Recruiting and training of volunteers to participate in religious education as appropriate.
- Ensuring ministry leaders and volunteers have all necessary resources for their particular ministry area and ordering resources, as needed.
- Visiting religious education classes regularly, staying informed as to their needs.
- Ensuring proper publicity of times, dates and places of all religious education.
- Oversee religious education volunteers by:
- Ensuring all volunteers working with youth below 18 years of age receive a background check as described in DoDI 1402.
- Scheduling and notifying volunteers of religious education opportunities.
- Tracking volunteer hours served and relaying that information to the chapel’s Volunteer Recognition Officer on a monthly basis.
Hours and Performance:
- The work hours are twenty (20) hours per week to be performed Monday through Friday
and Sundays for RE and/or worship service